Besides providing a wide range of high quality courses and events aimed at the internally detected professional development needs, our Scientific committee can also assess and evaluate, any projects suggested by external single professionals or medical associations.
After achieving the status of CME Provider, the agency is now entitled (accredited) to organize and manage all learning and training activities listed by the CME rules and requirements, more specifically:
FAD (Distance Learning or Self Directed Training) can be totally web-based. All various steps starting from purchasing the course itself, consulting textbooks and training material, asking questions to the Tutor, taking the final test and downloading the CME certificate can be easily carried out through an internet connection. Quite the opposite, we refer to Residential Courses (RES) when the delivery of information is made in conventional classroom with a limited number of participants.
Residential training is the educational activity characterized by the physical presence of a teacher in the class and through specific activities, is aimed at the professional updating, the improvement of the clinical skills and also the improvement of the healthcare professional’s technical and management knowledge.
Below a list of RES activities:
- Congresses, symposium, seminars, workshops, conferences, panel discussions
- Technological updating courses
- Training courses
- Clinical-pathological conferences
- Practical courses aimed at continuous professional development
- Practical courses aimed at management and planning experiences development
- Stage and internship in healthcare facilities
The Field Training Format is designed to offer solutions to real-world practice issues and is marked by a strong recourse, during the learning process, to practice-based activities. It implies the use of healthcare facilities and the involvement of medical professionals with specific skills in clinic and health care applications. This form of training requires access and participation to scientific research activities as well as to boards and improvement task forces thus offering the possibility to focus on the actual development needs of healthcare services and bodies, fostering a deeper comprehension of the professional requirements. The effectiveness of Field Training Programs can be evaluated through the following four criteria:
- The objectives established by the proposing entity
- The type of Field Training activity
- The complexity and duration of the initiative
- The personal commitment of the participating professionals
In order to avoid the risk of using Field Training activities merely as an instrument to attain educational credits, such programs must be planned and put in place by the Provider by means of a formal resolution and their educational effectiveness must be surveyed and measured after the event. Below a list of various FT activities which meet the CME accreditation standards:
- ONE TO ONE TRAINING
- IMPROVEMENT GROUPS
- RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- CLINIC AND/OR HEALTHCARE AUDIT
The”blended“solution is a training method characterized by the mixture of different educational formats. By using different means of communication (onsite and online training for example) and specifically “blending” different educational formats, this method improves the quality of the training activity selected. Overall, a “blended” project can combine:
- Lessons or training activities given by a teacher or a tutor (in a physical meeting room, in a virtual room, through video-connections, etc.);
- Self-teaching activities (through WBT (Web-Based Training) digital subjects or online courses, but also through books and resources of other kind);
- Joint learning activities set in a learning community (based on the simultaneous interaction, on site or at a long-distance (such as chat, videoconferences), or based on a communication that is not simultaneous – such as forum, mailing-list, newsletter etc.).
The blended learning s a method aimed at enhancing both the advantages of direct training and the features of the long-distance or on-site training, in particular the online training.
This method is considered to be a balanced tool, ideal to manage managing changes and complex developing processes.